Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's Day And Other Adventures

Whew. Both break and my first week back flew by incredibly fast, but a lot happened. I will sum up the occurrences of these weeks with Worst-Funniest-Best.

Spring break Worst: driving all the way up to my friend's house to go home on Saturday, only to find out they were leaving on Sunday, and therefore wasting $20 in gas and $4 in tolls. >.< Plus also stopping at a shady gas station to pee and realizing that the creepy man outside was following us. O.O We got in the car, quickly, and left.

Spring break Funniest: getting A Very Potter Musical stuck in my friend's head; she doesn't watch or read Harry Potter at all. We were quoting it all week.

Spring break Best: EATING ICE CREAM AND PIZZA AND A FRAPPUCINO! And also relaxing my mind by playing Tetris all day. And also finishing Crime and Punishment, Big Sur, and reading The Great Gatsby.

School Worst: It's getting hot outside. *sweatdrop* And tabbouleh is gross. Oh yeah, and those drunk guys yelling at me last night. >.<;

School Funniest: The kids at middle school this week were hilarious. Graphing an exponential equation, one kid was really quiet, then shouted: "LIKE THE DRAGSTER!" Yes, wonderful child. It's exactly like The Dragster. XD And also one of my coworkers coming into work last night completely slammed. He was very happy and huggy. Everyone was cracking up, taking pictures -- the boss told him to go back to the bar.

School Best: The one pro about warmer weather is that I can start running again the mornings. Huzzah! Also, I like soy milk now. It only took 20 gallons of it to bludgeon my taste buds into submission. x.x

Now, I have one more comment about St. Patrick's Day: I don't think people at my college need any more opportunities to get wasted. Especially in the middle of the week. They already make obnoxious amounts of noise Thursday through Saturday. I have to wake up early on Wednesday, and the party definitely started at 6pm on Tuesday. Ugh.

And, my family sent me a wonderful care package! I now have a custom-made charm bracelet that makes delightful twinkly noises when I walk, pop tab earrings, and a lot of food I can't eat. Hey, two outta three ain't bad. *smile*

I only have two weeks and two days left of being vegan! And, since my Mom and Gramma bought me some vegan bread on Monday, I've been eating like a queen. PB&Js are such a lifesaver. However, I'm beginning to feel that this might have serious psychological issues that go along with it. I'm starting to like soy milk, which can't be a good sign, and when I doodled a cupcake earlier, my mouth watered. Let's just hope my mind is a rubber band. I'll snap back into omnivore-mode like an addict out of rehab!

...wait, that's a bad analogy. ^-^;

No comments:

Post a Comment